Saturday, July 22, 2017

Schreiber (spacer 2)



Here is a 1954 account of another family member who travelled on The Dominion.



To defeat the 'number of posts visible' parameters I set for my blog, I have inserted these two 'spacers'.


... This week's posting grossed out at around 400 MB before I sent it up the wire to Google. So people with slower connections will have a choice about whether they sit and wait for something to show up on their screens.


There is another unusual aspect of this week's posting. In contrast to my father's sparse, handwritten notes in his 1950 account of going across Canada by the CPR ... this account is by mother.


She went west with her mother in 1954 to visit relatives in British Columbia. Her account is typewritten and there is not a single photo showing her motive power. It had never really occurred to me before now that she had travelled through Schreiber by train. Like my father, she is using a box camera to take this photo.

Warning: Contains no motive power photos whatsoever!


Here is the link if you would like to check out her trip account: